About Rhinegeist Streaker
RYE INDIA PALE ALE
A crowdsourced Rye IPA dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops that race across your palate in a lively, yet intimate and wildly exposed jaunt — flaunting tropical fruit, dank, pineapple, and mango aromatic acrobatics.
MALTS: Pale Ale, Rye, CaraRed
HOPS: Citra, Mosaic
AVAILABILITY: June-September SO GET IT BEFORE IT’S GONE UNTIL NEXT SUMMER
Rye Malt gives some added body and spicy flavor, and Carared adds some color and a subtle toasted bread character to the beer. It is not a pale ale devoid of malt character.
“This is the first time we’ve put our crowdsourced IPA, Streaker (6.0% | 60 IBU), in aluminum hop holsters. Last year we let people decide the hops, malts and name of this beauty. And post fermentation, a righteous Rye IPA came to manifestation. Dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops that race across your palate in a lively, yet intimate and wildly exposed jaunt — flaunting tropical fruit, dank, pineapple, and mango aromatic acrobatics.” – Jim Matt, Rhinegeist Head Brewer, who is also a veteran FoBAB judge, GABF judge, and BJCP Master judge.
Rhinegeist Streaker is the 1st in the Power Pale series
Rhinegeist will be running through a series of higher hopped pale ales that will rotate through as the season progresses. Streaker is the first of these, and the plan is for it to be followed by Crash and then Pure Fury.
Characteristics of Rhinegeist Streaker…
- Appearance: Moderately dark gold, moderate persistent off-white head, slight haze from hops.
- Smell: Medium high hop aroma starting with a distinct “Mosaic” note of herbal, grapefruit, and pine. Subsequent sniffs of the glass reveal underlying tropical fruit notes in perfect harmony with the resiny Mosaic character. Medium low malt aroma (slightly grainy and spicy).
- Taste: Medium-high hop flavor with piney, resiny flavors giving way to peach and apricot on the finish. Medium high bitterness, medium spicy/grainy complementary malt character from the rye.
- Mouthfeel: Medium light body, medium carbonation, slight lingering hop astringency.
- Overall: A complex hop forward pale ale with a moderate malt backbone to support the unique interplay of hop flavors.
JerZee’s is just a few blocks south of the Ohio River, across from Downtown Cincinnati. We have a fully stocked inside bar with TV’s everywhere and a separate outdoor patio bar open year ’round. It’s the ideal meeting place for any age group!
Sports and Live Music
Sports fans appreciate the big screen TV’s, others enjoy our extensive entertainment with Live Music, DJ’s and more. Relax and hang out in a fun place! Whether it is Happy Hour, a UK, Reds or Bengals game or late night, enjoy and have a good time!
Our kitchen will satisfy your taste buds. We are well known for our delicious JerZee Burger and Wings. Our energetic and friendly staff will make each visit enjoyable!
Contact us (859-491-3500) for more information!